- Akira: (verb)
- To reach such a high level of psychic power you
can't control it.
Ex: Kyousuke Akira'd and blew up the disco.
- "A-ko/B-ko thing" (noun)
- A running fight so destructive you can follow
it from a distance just by watching for the smoke.
- Bubblegum: (prefix)
- Roughly equivalent to "Mechacyberpunk-"
- Dirty Pair event: (noun)
- Any incredibly destructive and casualty-causing
event which is no-one's fault in particular.
Ex: "Due to a minor Dirty Pair event, Southern China is now mostly
- D-load: (verb)
- To launch as many missiles from an Armored Veritech/Valkyrie
as it is capable of launching. Usually used against a large number of targets.
- Gundam: (verb)
- The act of killing off a major character, just as the audience
was beginning to like the person.
- Gundam: (adj.)
- The state of being an expensive, undefeatable prototype for an
otherwise ineffective weapon system.
- Macek: (verb)
- To rewrite a story according to your own preferences,
with no regard for the original material.
Ex: Jim Macek'd "King Lear" and gave it a happy ending.
- Miitaka: (verb)
- The act of catching a glint of sunlight (with sound effects)
at a proper theatrical moment. Often performed by tennis instructors. from Maison Ikkoku
- Minmei: (noun)
- Exceedingly cute female character with large eyes that
shimmer frequently. Cranial content is usually somewhat lacking. Synonym:
- Minmay : (verb)
- Behaving in the fashion of a Minmei.
Ex: HEY! Can't you
read? The sign says "No Minmaying"!
- Noriko (verb):
- To fire one's mechs'/ships' ultra-megadeath weapons by screaming
it's name at the top of your lungs.
most notable Ex: "BUSTERRRRR BEEEEAAAAAMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!"
- Rick Hunter: (verb) To say "uh!" a lot.
- Robotech (ro' bo tek) v.
- 1. To take various bits of plotline which are not at
all connected and jam them together until they almost fit into one continous
2. In missiles, to scatter in a random direction after launch, then
converge from several directions on the target. Thought to confuse/defeat
- Roy Fokker: (verb) To die 'cause you're being a macho schmuck.
- SFH (Submunitions From Hell)
- 1. n. Any sort of missile that contains dozens
if not hundreds of guided bomblets/minirockets designed to spread huge
amounts of destruction over a large area.
2. v. To use such ordnance in
battle (acronym only).As in, 'The Minerva SFH'd Big Murphy's pirate
base to cover the escape of the Crushers.'
- 3-M : (verb) abbrev. of Macross Missile Massacre.